Celebrate Being a Woman
The 2009 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 275 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 13, despite the icy road conditions. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages.
There were a total of 40 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Katie Davis and Deb Grubl-Fuhrer with the North Loup Scotia Community Theater acted out an entertaining skit for the crowd while they finished their meal. Jane Meyer, Nurse Practitioner at VCHS gave the group an update on H1N1. Amy Vore, registered dietician at VCHS, provided a fun game show about nutrition.
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 16 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $842, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The forty vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Hosting Holiday Happenings Nov. 12
- Ries Accepts Executive Administrative Assistant Position
- Beran Hired as VCHS PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Attend Our Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon - Oct. 21
- October is Breast Cancer Month - Schedule your Digital Mammo Today
- VCHS Hospice Holding Annual Community Memorial Service
- VCHS Sponsoring Annual Celebrate Being a Woman
- New Leadership At Valley View Living Center
- Ryschon and Waltman Receive OB Ultrasound Training
- VCHS Providers are In-Network with BCBS
- Studies Link Cold Sore Virus to Alzheimer's Risk
- Could Air Pollutants Raise a Child's Autism Risk?
- Heart Transplant ‘Breakthrough’ Shows Promise
- NYC Doctor Diagnosed With Ebola
- Gestational Diabetes May Influence Daughter's Weight Later