Celebrate Being a Woman
The 2009 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 275 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 13, despite the icy road conditions. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages.
There were a total of 40 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Katie Davis and Deb Grubl-Fuhrer with the North Loup Scotia Community Theater acted out an entertaining skit for the crowd while they finished their meal. Jane Meyer, Nurse Practitioner at VCHS gave the group an update on H1N1. Amy Vore, registered dietician at VCHS, provided a fun game show about nutrition.
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 16 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $842, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The forty vendors also provided door prizes.
- Dr. Fitzpatrick (ENT) to Join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Babysitting Clinic to be Held at VCHS
- VVLC Crowns 2014 King and Queen of Hearts
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- VCHS Hospice Holding Community Memorial Service
- Ward Named 2013 Associate of the Year at VCHS
- Natural Ways to Care for Your Teeth
- Toothbrushes: When to Replace Them, Where to Keep Them
- Pfizer Recalls Effexor Antidepressant
- The Ultimate High-Fiber Grocery List
- What Should I Eat Before Exercising?