Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- Dr. Hilary Miller to Join VCHS
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- Bredthauer Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Makes Overview of Organizational Strategic Plan Available Online
- VCHS Partners with Weight Watchers - Welcomes Community Members
- Obesity Tied to Half a Million Cancers Worldwide, Report Shows
- Most Americans With HIV Don't Have Virus Under Control, CDC Says
- FDA Advisory Panel Says Steroid Shots for Back Pain Can Continue
- Early Puberty Linked to Increased Risk of Depression in Teens
- Could Popular Heartburn Drugs Upset Your 'Good' Gut Bugs?