Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- Callahan Cancer Center to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in August
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament - Friday, July 3rd
- Oldaker Completes Pelvic Rehab Course – VCHS Hosting “Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment” Lunch and Learn – Tuesday, June 23rd
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament
- North Platte Foot Clinic, PC to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in June
- VCHS To Host 7th Annual Health Fair on June 25th
- Sedlacek Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- Meyer Returning to VCHS in August
- Dr. Gregory McClanahan to Join Valley County Health System in 2016
- VCHS Honors Volunteers for Service at 2nd Annual Volunteer Banquet
- The Risks of Belly Fat
- Noninvasive Stimulation Gets Legs Moving After Spinal Cord Injury
- Too Much Facebook, Twitter Tied to Poor Mental Health in Teens
- Regular, Moderate Coffee Drinking Tied to Better Brain Health in Seniors
- Scientists Identify 5 Types of Prostate Cancer