Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- VCHS Hospice Holding Community Memorial Service
- Ward Named 2013 Associate of the Year at VCHS
- VCHS Welcomes 6 New Associates
- New Furnishings at VVLC made Possible Through Joanne Frances (Eppard) Prien Memorial Fund
- Policy Development Committee helps the NHA prepare for 2014
- Many Lung Cancer Tumors May Prove Harmless, Study Finds
- Pot Smoking in Pregnancy Tied to Stillbirth Risk
- Natural Cold Remedies: What to Know
- 7 Tips to Get Enrolled in Marketplace Insurance
- New Oral Hepatitis C Drugs: FAQ