Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Sells Valley View Senior Living as Part of Strategic Plan – Forms Strategic Partnership
- VCHS Associates Honored
- VCHS Foundation Gala Jan. 17
- Deaton Returns to VCHS after 20 Years
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- FDA Approves First in New Class of Drugs for Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- CDC Warns of Listeria Danger From Caramel Apples
- Half of Dr. Oz's Advice Unproven or Wrong: Study
- E. Coli Germs Found on Farmers Market Herbs
- E-Cigarettes Less Addictive Than Regular Cigarettes, Study Finds