Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- Peterson Promoted to Rehab Services Manager at VCHS
- Healthcare Decisions Day Highlights Importance of Advance Medical Directives
- Espiritu Selected to Attend Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute
- VCHS Public Transit Invites You To Get On Board! Nebraska Public Transit Week: April 6-10, 2015
- VCHS To Begin Walk-In Clinic Hours
- VCHS Foundation Donates $18,786 for GE Venue 40 Anesthesia Ultrasound
- VCHS Foundation & Auxiliary Donate $17,991 for purchase of a GlideScope®
- Valley County Health System to Optimize Operational Performance with iVantage® Analytics Solutions
- Paul Lamb Awarded Associate of Quarter
- VCHS Child Development Committee Presents: The String Beans
- Mammograms a Personal Decision for Women in Their 40s, Panel Says
- Obese People Fall Into 6 Groups: Study
- What It Means to Be Transgender
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Help Those With Heart Rhythm Disorder
- 'Tamper-Proof' Narcotic Painkiller May Be Curbing Abuse: Study