Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- Healthcare Decisions Day
- Setlik Wins Associate of the Quarter
- Dr. Fitzpatrick (ENT) to Join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Babysitting Clinic to be Held at VCHS
- VVLC Crowns 2014 King and Queen of Hearts
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Poor Bone Health
- FDA Approves New Type 2 Diabetes Drug
- Drowning Deaths Down Overall, But Still a Problem: Report
- Blood Test Aims to Predict Breast Cancer's Return
- Gene Variant May Double Alzheimer's Risk for Women: Study