Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Foundation Begins Grateful Patient Program
- VCHS Now Offering Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Laura Cox Accepts Specialty Clinic Manager Position at VCHS
- VCHS Public Transportation Receives DOT Award
- VCHS Holding Community Forums for Strategic Plan
- VCHS Completes Disaster Drill
- Laura Nelson Named Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Loup City Clinic Designated as Rural Health Clinic
- Valley View Living Center Updates Restorative Care Equipment
- Breitkreutz, PA-C to Transition from VCHS Medical Clinic to VCHS Emergency Department
- The Five-Meal Plan for Health and Fitness
- Botox Tested on Stomach Cancer in Mice
- Blood Transfusions May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke in Kids With Sickle Cell
- Exercise May Guard Against Irregular Heartbeat in Older Women
- High-Risk Melanomas Often on Head or Neck