Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Completes Disaster Drill
- Laura Nelson Named Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Loup City Clinic Designated as Rural Health Clinic
- Valley View Living Center Updates Restorative Care Equipment
- Breitkreutz, PA-C to Transition from VCHS Medical Clinic to VCHS Emergency Department
- Kasselder Completes Training for Mammography Testing
- VCHS Foundation 16th Annual Golf Tournament Results
- Amy Jackson Awarded Associate of the Quarter
- Melissa Kokes Attends Postural Restoration Institute
- VCHS Welcomes New General Surgeons
- Early Hormone Therapy May Be Safe for Women's Hearts
- Running Could Add 3 Years to Your Lifespan
- Facial Dimensions May Be Key to First Impressions
- Heat Stroke a Greater Threat to Endurance Runners Than Heart Problems: Study
- Healthy 'Brown Fat' May Cut Odds for Obesity, Diabetes