VCHS Breaks Ground on New Hospital Facility
A large crowd of approximately 250 was in attendance as Valley County Health System broke ground on a new 67,000 square foot replacement hospital facility on Tuesday, October 7. The celebration took place at the new building site near 27th and M Streets in Ord.
Remarks were made by VCHS Board Chair Kara Fischer, Valley County Supervisor
Chairman Bob Sevenker, Honored Guest Governor Heineman and VCHS CEO Larry
Schrage. Following the remarks and groundbreaking ceremony, Valley County Health System hosted business after hours, which included a virtual tour of the new building and hors devours.
Dirt work will begin this week and should be completed by November 1st. Construction of the new facility will begin in March 2009.
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- Dr. Hilary Miller to Join VCHS
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- Bredthauer Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Makes Overview of Organizational Strategic Plan Available Online
- VCHS Partners with Weight Watchers - Welcomes Community Members
- Early Trial Promising for Ebola Vaccine
- Harm From Baseball Concussions May Linger, Study Finds
- Too Few Americans Undergo Dementia Screening
- Steer Clear of Cold Meds for Babies, FDA Advises
- U.S. Adult Smoking Rate Drops to New Low: CDC