Lunch & Learn - Spend Smart, Eat Smart - May 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting two Lunch & Learn sessions on Tuesday, May 25. The sessions, titled "Spend Smart, Eat Smart" will be instructed by Amy Vore RD, LMNT. She will cover how to eat healthy on a budget; how, when and where to find the best food buys; how to read nutrition facts labels; and how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables.
A session will be held from 11:15 am - Noon and a repeat session will be held from 12:15 pm to 1 pm. Both sessions will take place at the VCHS Education Building, 1617 M Street in Ord.
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held monthly and are one component of the VCHS Wellness Matters Initiative.
The sessions are open to the public. A brown bag lunch can be purchased from the VCHS Dietary Department for $3.00. For more information or to register, contact Sheri Schrage at 728-4213 no later than Friday, May 21st at 5 pm.
- New Leadership At Valley View Living Center
- Ryschon and Waltman Receive OB Ultrasound Training
- VCHS Providers are In-Network with BCBS
- Kristen Dunbar, PA-C To Join VCHS Medical Clinics
- Laura Nelson Named Associate of the Year
- VCHS Foundation Begins Grateful Patient Program
- VCHS Now Offering Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Laura Cox Accepts Specialty Clinic Manager Position at VCHS
- VCHS Public Transportation Receives DOT Award
- VCHS Holding Community Forums for Strategic Plan
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Doesn't Prevent Strokes in Diabetics: Study
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
- Scientists Spot How Bacterial Pneumonia Damages the Heart
- FDA Approves Another Weekly Injectable Drug for Type 2 Diabetes
- More Schools Stocking Shots That Counter Serious Allergic Reactions