Lunch & Learn - Spend Smart, Eat Smart - May 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting two Lunch & Learn sessions on Tuesday, May 25. The sessions, titled "Spend Smart, Eat Smart" will be instructed by Amy Vore RD, LMNT. She will cover how to eat healthy on a budget; how, when and where to find the best food buys; how to read nutrition facts labels; and how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables.
A session will be held from 11:15 am - Noon and a repeat session will be held from 12:15 pm to 1 pm. Both sessions will take place at the VCHS Education Building, 1617 M Street in Ord.
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held monthly and are one component of the VCHS Wellness Matters Initiative.
The sessions are open to the public. A brown bag lunch can be purchased from the VCHS Dietary Department for $3.00. For more information or to register, contact Sheri Schrage at 728-4213 no later than Friday, May 21st at 5 pm.
- VCHS Welcomes 2 New Associates
- New VCHS Medical Clinic in Loup City Opening on May 30
- Hayek Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- Psota Resigns from VCHS
- New Location for the VCHS Foundation Office
- VCHS Emergency Department Temporarily Relocated
- VVLC Welcomes a New Social Services Designee
- Good Samaritan's New AirCare Helicopter Visits VCHS
- We Welcome Three New Associates
- Dr. Unterseher Resigns from VCHS
- Too Few Kids Use Fast-Food Calorie Info, Study Finds
- Your Pooch Could Raise Your Home's Bacteria Count
- Having Both Migraines, Depression May Mean Smaller Brain
- Migraine, Chronic Back Pain Tied to Higher Suicide Risk
- CT Scans Reduce Lung Cancer Deaths, Study Confirms