Lunch & Learn - Spend Smart, Eat Smart - May 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting two Lunch & Learn sessions on Tuesday, May 25. The sessions, titled "Spend Smart, Eat Smart" will be instructed by Amy Vore RD, LMNT. She will cover how to eat healthy on a budget; how, when and where to find the best food buys; how to read nutrition facts labels; and how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables.
A session will be held from 11:15 am - Noon and a repeat session will be held from 12:15 pm to 1 pm. Both sessions will take place at the VCHS Education Building, 1617 M Street in Ord.
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held monthly and are one component of the VCHS Wellness Matters Initiative.
The sessions are open to the public. A brown bag lunch can be purchased from the VCHS Dietary Department for $3.00. For more information or to register, contact Sheri Schrage at 728-4213 no later than Friday, May 21st at 5 pm.
- Bredthauer Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Makes Overview of Organizational Strategic Plan Available Online
- VCHS Partners with Weight Watchers - Welcomes Community Members
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Hosting Holiday Happenings Nov. 12
- Ries Accepts Executive Administrative Assistant Position
- Beran Hired as VCHS PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Attend Our Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon - Oct. 21
- October is Breast Cancer Month - Schedule your Digital Mammo Today
- VCHS Hospice Holding Annual Community Memorial Service
- VCHS Sponsoring Annual Celebrate Being a Woman
- Study Confirms Obesity-Breast Cancer Link for Blacks, Hispanics
- Survey Reveals Concerns Over Ebola
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
- Leprosy Still Occurs in U.S., CDC Reports
- Eczema Tied to Bone Fracture Risk in Study