VCHS DME Accredited
ORD-Valley County Health System's Durable Home Medical Equipment department has achieved the Award of Accreditation from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation, based in Waterloo, Iowa. This award is achieved only when home medical equipment companies demonstrate a high level of quality practices in their business operations and patient care techniques. VCHS earned the three-year accreditation after completing a comprehensive application that focuses on patient care, financial stability, and a commitment to quality operational practices and procedures. Accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation assures Medicare and other payers that the highest levels of quality are practiced within all areas of the company.
"We sought accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation to demonstrate that our company is committed to providing excellent patient care and safety in a financially solvent environment," says Carol Schroeder, Director of Home Health, Hospice and DME. "This award also reinforces that our commitment to quality is ongoing."
Founded in 2005, the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation seeks to continuously set standards of the highest quality on behalf of the durable medical equipment industry and business owners.
- Peterson Promoted to Rehab Services Manager at VCHS
- Healthcare Decisions Day Highlights Importance of Advance Medical Directives
- Espiritu Selected to Attend Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute
- VCHS Public Transit Invites You To Get On Board! Nebraska Public Transit Week: April 6-10, 2015
- VCHS To Begin Walk-In Clinic Hours
- VCHS Foundation Donates $18,786 for GE Venue 40 Anesthesia Ultrasound
- VCHS Foundation & Auxiliary Donate $17,991 for purchase of a GlideScope®
- Valley County Health System to Optimize Operational Performance with iVantage® Analytics Solutions
- Paul Lamb Awarded Associate of Quarter
- VCHS Child Development Committee Presents: The String Beans
- Discovered Tribe’s Bacteria May Point to Our Past
- Superbugs: What They Are and How You Get Them
- Blood Test Could Give Early Breast Cancer Warning
- Synthetic Pot Sends Hundreds to ERs in AL, MS
- One-Third of Moms Have Kids Too Close Together