VCHS DME Accredited
ORD-Valley County Health System's Durable Home Medical Equipment department has achieved the Award of Accreditation from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation, based in Waterloo, Iowa. This award is achieved only when home medical equipment companies demonstrate a high level of quality practices in their business operations and patient care techniques. VCHS earned the three-year accreditation after completing a comprehensive application that focuses on patient care, financial stability, and a commitment to quality operational practices and procedures. Accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation assures Medicare and other payers that the highest levels of quality are practiced within all areas of the company.
"We sought accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation to demonstrate that our company is committed to providing excellent patient care and safety in a financially solvent environment," says Carol Schroeder, Director of Home Health, Hospice and DME. "This award also reinforces that our commitment to quality is ongoing."
Founded in 2005, the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation seeks to continuously set standards of the highest quality on behalf of the durable medical equipment industry and business owners.
- Healthcare Decisions Day
- Setlik Wins Associate of the Quarter
- Dr. Fitzpatrick (ENT) to Join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Babysitting Clinic to be Held at VCHS
- VVLC Crowns 2014 King and Queen of Hearts
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- Ragwitek Approved for Adult Ragweed Allergy
- Appetite, Taste Changes Reported After Weight-Loss Surgery
- Weaning Baby: From Bottle to Cup
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?
- FDA Warns Against Procedure for Uterine Fibroids