VCHS DME Accredited
ORD-Valley County Health System's Durable Home Medical Equipment department has achieved the Award of Accreditation from the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation, based in Waterloo, Iowa. This award is achieved only when home medical equipment companies demonstrate a high level of quality practices in their business operations and patient care techniques. VCHS earned the three-year accreditation after completing a comprehensive application that focuses on patient care, financial stability, and a commitment to quality operational practices and procedures. Accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation assures Medicare and other payers that the highest levels of quality are practiced within all areas of the company.
"We sought accreditation by the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation to demonstrate that our company is committed to providing excellent patient care and safety in a financially solvent environment," says Carol Schroeder, Director of Home Health, Hospice and DME. "This award also reinforces that our commitment to quality is ongoing."
Founded in 2005, the Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation seeks to continuously set standards of the highest quality on behalf of the durable medical equipment industry and business owners.
- VCHS Sells Valley View Senior Living as Part of Strategic Plan – Forms Strategic Partnership
- VCHS Associates Honored
- VCHS Foundation Gala Jan. 17
- Deaton Returns to VCHS after 20 Years
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- Can You Balance on One Leg? You May Have Lower Stroke Risk
- Common Painkillers May Help Prevent Certain Skin Cancers, Study Finds
- More children in the U.S. are getting type 1 diabetes, especially kids ages 5 to 9, according to new research.
- No Evidence Paleo Diet Matches Early Eating Habits
- Many People Misuse Devices for Asthma, Allergic Reaction