VCHS Health Fair - Thurs. June 23
Valley County Health System will be hosting the 3rd Annual Health Fair, "Your Health is the Reel Deal." The main attractions will be blood chemistries, blood pressure checks and a free will donation breakfast. The Health Fair will focus on health education and the promotion of wellness within our service area. In addition, health related vendors will have displays available to provide educational information to those who attend.
The Health Fair will be held on Thursday, June 23, 2011 from 6-9 am at Valley County Health System, 2707 L Street, in Ord.
The lab tests offered during the Health Fair are a Health Screen and PSA test.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: Kidney & Liver Function, Electrolytes
- Complete Blood Count
- Thyroid: TSH
- Cholesterol & Triglycerides
PSA: Prostate cancer screening recommended for males over the age of 50.
A greatly reduced fee of $35 for the Health Screen and $15 for the PSA will be charged to cover the cost of supplies for each person screened. Those who participate in the blood chemistry draw will be mailed their results and will be responsible for contacting their medical provider if they have values outside the normal range.
Fasting is necessary prior to the blood chemistry draw, including consumption of caffeine or decaf coffee. A free will donation breakfast will be served so you may eat after your blood is drawn.
Pre-registration is available picking up a pre-registration form at the hospital registration desk, or at any of the banks in Ord, Arcadia or North Loup. Pre-registration is not required, walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, contact the Public Relations office at 308-728-4347.
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- VCHS Hospice Holding Community Memorial Service
- Ward Named 2013 Associate of the Year at VCHS
- VCHS Welcomes 6 New Associates
- New Furnishings at VVLC made Possible Through Joanne Frances (Eppard) Prien Memorial Fund
- Policy Development Committee helps the NHA prepare for 2014
- Even Mild Hits to the Head Might Harm the Brain, Study Finds
- Will Music Make Your Child Smarter?
- Artificial Sweetener Aspartame Deemed Safe
- New Treatment for Aggressive Breast Cancer Shows Some Promise
- New Look at Past Studies Highlights Importance of Mammograms