VCHS Hires Three Physical Therapists
ORD - Valley County Health System is pleased to announce the hiring of three physical therapists who will work in the Rehabilitation Services department.
Bob Wieck will graduate in May from Franklin Pierce University in Ringe, NH, with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. He received his undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at Kansas State University. He has been a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) for the past twelve years and is currently working in that capacity at VCHS until he graduates in May. Bob is originally from St. Libory, NE.
Obadiah Johnson will begin working at VCHS in June. He attended Hastings College and graduated with a degree in Health Promotion Management. He will graduate from Creighton University in May with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Obadiah grew up in Hastings. He and his wife, Ashley, have an 18 month old son named Ticen.
Lindsey Michael will begin her position in July. She attended Chadron State College, majoring in Health Sciences/Pre-Physical Therapy. Lindsey will graduate from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in May with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. She is originally from Albion, NE and is engaged to be married on September 4 to Melvin Oldaker, a police officer in Burwell.
"Each of these therapists comes with very high recommendations. We are so excited to have this caliber of therapists join our team," said Christy Peterson, Physical Therapist and VCHS Rehab Services Coordinator.
VCHS currently offers Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy in Ord, Burwell and Loup City. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call Rehabilitation Services at 308.728.4247.
Pictured from L to R: Bob Wieck, Obadiah Johnson, Lindsey Michael
- Callahan Cancer Center to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in August
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament - Friday, July 3rd
- Oldaker Completes Pelvic Rehab Course – VCHS Hosting “Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment” Lunch and Learn – Tuesday, June 23rd
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament
- North Platte Foot Clinic, PC to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in June
- VCHS To Host 7th Annual Health Fair on June 25th
- Sedlacek Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- Meyer Returning to VCHS in August
- Dr. Gregory McClanahan to Join Valley County Health System in 2016
- VCHS Honors Volunteers for Service at 2nd Annual Volunteer Banquet
- Children with Autism Respond Differently to Smells: Study
- Migraine's Link to Higher Heart Disease Risk May Not Be Genetic
- Americans' Risk of Dying From Cancer Is Falling, CDC Finds
- Could Blue Eyes Raise Odds for Alcoholism?
- How to Be Smart About Sex With Hepatitis C