VCHS's First Annual Love Light Ceremony
ORD- Community members and Valley County Health System Associates enjoyed the lighting of the Christmas Tree, during the First Annual Love Light Ceremony at VCHS on Thursday, November 29. The 131 ornaments sponsored represent loved ones who have passed away or who are being honored.
The ceremony began with Christmas carols, a welcome from William T. Sugg, President and CEO, and a prayer by Father Ryan of Our Lady Perpetual Help Catholic Church. The ceremony was conducted in the hospital lobby where Christmas music filled the air. Mindy Smith and Jesse Rosberg, Ord High School Music Instructors, sang beautiful Christmas carols, and Bethanne Kunz, VCHS Director of Professional Services, played the violin.
To honor a loved one, whether living or deceased, family members donated $5. Proceeds are used to benefit the Valley County Health System Foundation a non-profit, charitable organization. The Foundation's mission is to seek, receive and administer donations and gifts for the sole benefit of Valley County Health System.
If you are still interested in sponsoring a $5 ornament today, please visit the hospital front desk, Human Resources, or any of the VCHS satellite clinics in Burwell, Loup City, or North Loup. You can also contact Janet Eppenbach at 308-728-4397.
- Dr. Fitzpatrick (ENT) to Join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Babysitting Clinic to be Held at VCHS
- VVLC Crowns 2014 King and Queen of Hearts
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- VCHS Hospice Holding Community Memorial Service
- Ward Named 2013 Associate of the Year at VCHS
- Natural Ways to Care for Your Teeth
- Toothbrushes: When to Replace Them, Where to Keep Them
- Pfizer Recalls Effexor Antidepressant
- The Ultimate High-Fiber Grocery List
- What Should I Eat Before Exercising?