Wheeler Completes Spinal Stabilization Course
Betty Wheeler, Physical Therapist at Valley County Health System, completed a Spinal Stabilization Course on March 24 and 25 in Lincoln.
The 2-day course focused on teaching the methods of accurately assessing for spinal stability, dysfunction and pain inhibition. The course helped to develop and build skills in retraining motor control for stability of the core- or deep muscle group. A few of the course objectives included participants being able to track and critically appraise the clinical treatment of low back pain, perform clear and concise subjective evaluations of patients with lower back pain, plan and conduct objective examinations of the structures relating to the lower back, and to plan an optimal course of treatment using orthopedic manual therapy techniques, with special emphasis on specific exercises for spinal segmental stabilization.
Betty has been practicing at the VCHS Rehabilitation Center in Burwell since October of 2008. For more information about Spinal Stabilization, call VCHS Burwell Rehabilitation Services at 308.346.4060.
- VCHS Sells Valley View Senior Living as Part of Strategic Plan – Forms Strategic Partnership
- VCHS Associates Honored
- VCHS Foundation Gala Jan. 17
- Deaton Returns to VCHS after 20 Years
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- FDA Approves First in New Class of Drugs for Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- CDC Warns of Listeria Danger From Caramel Apples
- Half of Dr. Oz's Advice Unproven or Wrong: Study
- E. Coli Germs Found on Farmers Market Herbs
- E-Cigarettes Less Addictive Than Regular Cigarettes, Study Finds