Wheeler Completes Spinal Stabilization Course
Betty Wheeler, Physical Therapist at Valley County Health System, completed a Spinal Stabilization Course on March 24 and 25 in Lincoln.
The 2-day course focused on teaching the methods of accurately assessing for spinal stability, dysfunction and pain inhibition. The course helped to develop and build skills in retraining motor control for stability of the core- or deep muscle group. A few of the course objectives included participants being able to track and critically appraise the clinical treatment of low back pain, perform clear and concise subjective evaluations of patients with lower back pain, plan and conduct objective examinations of the structures relating to the lower back, and to plan an optimal course of treatment using orthopedic manual therapy techniques, with special emphasis on specific exercises for spinal segmental stabilization.
Betty has been practicing at the VCHS Rehabilitation Center in Burwell since October of 2008. For more information about Spinal Stabilization, call VCHS Burwell Rehabilitation Services at 308.346.4060.
- Gideon Accepts VCHS Foundation Executive Director Position
- Dr. Hilary Miller to Join VCHS
- VCHS Embarks on Community Perception Study
- VCHS to Hold 3rd Annual Love Light Ceremony
- VCHS Home Health & Hospice Celebrates 18 Years
- VCHS Hosting Veteran's Breakfast Nov. 11
- Celebrate Being a Woman Raises $1,568 for Ord Food Pantry
- Bredthauer Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- VCHS Makes Overview of Organizational Strategic Plan Available Online
- VCHS Partners with Weight Watchers - Welcomes Community Members
- Your Dog Really Is Listening to You
- 'Text Neck' and Other Tech Troubles
- Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg Gets Heart Stent
- No Link Between Acetaminophen in Pregnancy, Asthma in Kids: Study
- Weight Could Influence Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief