Wheeler Completes Spinal Stabilization Course
Betty Wheeler, Physical Therapist at Valley County Health System, completed a Spinal Stabilization Course on March 24 and 25 in Lincoln.
The 2-day course focused on teaching the methods of accurately assessing for spinal stability, dysfunction and pain inhibition. The course helped to develop and build skills in retraining motor control for stability of the core- or deep muscle group. A few of the course objectives included participants being able to track and critically appraise the clinical treatment of low back pain, perform clear and concise subjective evaluations of patients with lower back pain, plan and conduct objective examinations of the structures relating to the lower back, and to plan an optimal course of treatment using orthopedic manual therapy techniques, with special emphasis on specific exercises for spinal segmental stabilization.
Betty has been practicing at the VCHS Rehabilitation Center in Burwell since October of 2008. For more information about Spinal Stabilization, call VCHS Burwell Rehabilitation Services at 308.346.4060.
- VCHS Loup City Clinic Designated as Rural Health Clinic
- Valley View Living Center Updates Restorative Care Equipment
- Breitkreutz, PA-C to Transition from VCHS Medical Clinic to VCHS Emergency Department
- Kasselder Completes Training for Mammography Testing
- VCHS Foundation 16th Annual Golf Tournament Results
- Amy Jackson Awarded Associate of the Quarter
- Melissa Kokes Attends Postural Restoration Institute
- VCHS Welcomes New General Surgeons
- VCHS Thanks Dr. Cronk for 25 Years of Service
- National Hospital & Nursing Home Week
- Could Probiotics Help Tame High Blood Pressure?
- Guns and Dementia
- Asthma Drug May Help Those With Chronic Hives
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Ups Stroke Risk Soon After Heart Surgery
- Waistlines of U.S. Kids Seem to Be Holding Steady, Study Finds