Wheeler Completes Spinal Stabilization Course
Betty Wheeler, Physical Therapist at Valley County Health System, completed a Spinal Stabilization Course on March 24 and 25 in Lincoln.
The 2-day course focused on teaching the methods of accurately assessing for spinal stability, dysfunction and pain inhibition. The course helped to develop and build skills in retraining motor control for stability of the core- or deep muscle group. A few of the course objectives included participants being able to track and critically appraise the clinical treatment of low back pain, perform clear and concise subjective evaluations of patients with lower back pain, plan and conduct objective examinations of the structures relating to the lower back, and to plan an optimal course of treatment using orthopedic manual therapy techniques, with special emphasis on specific exercises for spinal segmental stabilization.
Betty has been practicing at the VCHS Rehabilitation Center in Burwell since October of 2008. For more information about Spinal Stabilization, call VCHS Burwell Rehabilitation Services at 308.346.4060.
- VCHS Foundation Donates $18,786 for GE Venue 40 Anesthesia Ultrasound
- VCHS Foundation & Auxiliary Donate $17,991 for purchase of a GlideScope®
- Valley County Health System to Optimize Operational Performance with iVantage® Analytics Solutions
- Paul Lamb Awarded Associate of Quarter
- VCHS Child Development Committee Presents: The String Beans
- VCHS Donates $1500 to Make Christmas Happen
- VCHS Sells Valley View Senior Living as Part of Strategic Plan – Forms Strategic Partnership
- VCHS Associates Honored
- VCHS Foundation Gala Jan. 17
- Deaton Returns to VCHS after 20 Years
- Gestational Diabetes Drug Might Raise Babies' Complication Risk
- Migraine, Carpal Tunnel May Be Linked
- Lots of Leafy Greens Might Shield Aging Brains, Study Finds
- GNC to Boost Testing of Herbal Supplements
- Are Psoriasis and Allergies Linked?