Wheeler Completes Spinal Stabilization Course
Betty Wheeler, Physical Therapist at Valley County Health System, completed a Spinal Stabilization Course on March 24 and 25 in Lincoln.
The 2-day course focused on teaching the methods of accurately assessing for spinal stability, dysfunction and pain inhibition. The course helped to develop and build skills in retraining motor control for stability of the core- or deep muscle group. A few of the course objectives included participants being able to track and critically appraise the clinical treatment of low back pain, perform clear and concise subjective evaluations of patients with lower back pain, plan and conduct objective examinations of the structures relating to the lower back, and to plan an optimal course of treatment using orthopedic manual therapy techniques, with special emphasis on specific exercises for spinal segmental stabilization.
Betty has been practicing at the VCHS Rehabilitation Center in Burwell since October of 2008. For more information about Spinal Stabilization, call VCHS Burwell Rehabilitation Services at 308.346.4060.
- Healthcare Decisions Day
- Setlik Wins Associate of the Quarter
- Dr. Fitzpatrick (ENT) to Join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Babysitting Clinic to be Held at VCHS
- VVLC Crowns 2014 King and Queen of Hearts
- VCHS Auxiliary Celebrates over $150,000 in Donations to VCHS
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman, Raises $1,101 for Make Christmas Happen
- Local Physician Receives Honorary Degree From the American Academy of Family Physicians
- VCHS Hosting "Reposition. Respiration. Restore." At To Your Health Tuesday - October 22
- Sugg, VCHS President & CEO, Voted to District IV Vice Chairman, Designee of Nebraska Hospital Association
- Ragwitek Approved for Adult Ragweed Allergy
- Appetite, Taste Changes Reported After Weight-Loss Surgery
- Weaning Baby: From Bottle to Cup
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?
- FDA Warns Against Procedure for Uterine Fibroids