Celebrate Being a Woman
The 2009 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 275 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 13, despite the icy road conditions. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages.
There were a total of 40 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Katie Davis and Deb Grubl-Fuhrer with the North Loup Scotia Community Theater acted out an entertaining skit for the crowd while they finished their meal. Jane Meyer, Nurse Practitioner at VCHS gave the group an update on H1N1. Amy Vore, registered dietician at VCHS, provided a fun game show about nutrition.
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 16 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $842, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The forty vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Loup City Medical Clinic Sees Continued Growth, Additional MD Joins Practice
- Hughes Recognized as VCHS Employee of the Quarter
- VCHS to Host Meet and Greet with Dr. McClanahan
- VCHS Hosts Hundreds of Attendees, Record Number of Vendors at Annual Health Fair
- Rehab Department Enhances Outpatient Hand Therapy Services
- VCHS Hospice to Offer Free Grief Support Classes
- Student Wellness Exams, Summer Sports Physicals Offered at VCHS Medical Clinics
- VCHS to Open Arcadia Medical Clinic
- VCHS Celebrates National Hospital Week
- VCHS "Stuffs the Bus" for Local Food Pantry
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys?
- Diet A to Z: Intermittent Fasting
- It’s Here: Florida Confirms Local Zika Cases
- Is Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity Real?
- New Guidelines on Post-Treatment Cancer Pain