Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- VCHS Hosts EMT Recertification for Six Area Ambulance Squads
- Annual VCHS Foundation Gala Nets $34,000
- Imaging Department Announces IPad Mini Winner
- A New Year's Message from VCHS
- VCHS Adds In-House Vascular Ultrasounds
- Glaubke Returns to Ord, Hired as VCHS CEO
- CPR Devices Improve VCHS Cardiac Arrest Emergency Response
- Aesthetic Medicine Added to VCHS Specialty Clinic Services
- Sherburne Awarded VCHS Employee of the Quarter
- Espiritu Honored as NHA Leadership Institute Graduate
- What to Ask Your Surgeon Before an Operation
- 7 Tips to Help Decide if Surgery Is Right for You
- How to Plan for Recovery at Home After Surgery
- Breast Cancer Survivors Vulnerable for Thyroid Tumors, and Vice Versa: Study
- Experts: Screen More Kids for Middle Ear Fluid