Celebrate Raises $1,073 for Make Christmas Happen
Ord - The 2010 Celebrate Being a Woman drew a crowd of more than 300 women to the Ord Veteran's Club on Tuesday, October 26th. The event is sponsored annually by Valley County Health System and is held for women of all ages and includes a free meal.
There were a total of 32 vendors that participated in this year's event. Kara Fischer, chair of the VCHS Board of Trustees welcomed everyone to the event. Joni Reisinger, Outpatient Clinic and Fiscal Operations Manager at Good Samaritan Hospital/Richard H. Young Hospital gave the keynote presentation titled, "Create Your Best Life."
The evening ended with drawings for the raffle and door prizes. The raffle items included 14 items donated by VCHS departments and employees. The raffle generated $1,073, which will be used to buy grocery gift certificates from to be used for Christmas dinners for area families in need. The vendors also provided door prizes.
- Espiritu Honored as NHA Leadership Institute Graduate
- Sedlacek Recognized at NHA Caring Kind Luncheon
- VCHS Celebrate Being a Woman Draws Hundreds, Raises Record Funds for Area Nonprofits
- VCHS Auxiliary Donations to VCHS Total More Than $220,000
- Huffman Completes Chemotherapy Training Course
- Celebrate Being a Woman - Tues. Oct. 20
- Knapinski Joins VCHS as PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Sedlacek Named 2015 VCHS Employee of the Year
- Dr. McClanahan Chooses VCHS For Residency Rotation
- VCHS Completes State Survey
- Time to toss your specs and go natural? It’s not that simple
- Melatonin Might Help Sleepless Kids With Eczema
- More May Benefit from HIV Prevention Pill Truvada
- Can Loneliness Shorten Your Life?
- E. Coli Cases Linked to Costco Chicken Salad