Lunch & Learn - Spend Smart, Eat Smart - May 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting two Lunch & Learn sessions on Tuesday, May 25. The sessions, titled "Spend Smart, Eat Smart" will be instructed by Amy Vore RD, LMNT. She will cover how to eat healthy on a budget; how, when and where to find the best food buys; how to read nutrition facts labels; and how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables.
A session will be held from 11:15 am - Noon and a repeat session will be held from 12:15 pm to 1 pm. Both sessions will take place at the VCHS Education Building, 1617 M Street in Ord.
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held monthly and are one component of the VCHS Wellness Matters Initiative.
The sessions are open to the public. A brown bag lunch can be purchased from the VCHS Dietary Department for $3.00. For more information or to register, contact Sheri Schrage at 728-4213 no later than Friday, May 21st at 5 pm.
- Huffman Completes Chemotherapy Training Course
- Celebrate Being a Woman - Tues. Oct. 20
- Knapinski Joins VCHS as PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Sedlacek Named 2015 VCHS Employee of the Year
- Dr. McClanahan Chooses VCHS For Residency Rotation
- VCHS Completes State Survey
- Sugg's Resignation Accepted
- Davenport Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- Callahan Cancer Center to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in August
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament - Friday, July 3rd
- Younger Women Less Likely to Take Meds After Heart Attack
- Frostbite: How to Spot It, Treat It and Prevent It
- Sitting for a Long Time Not as Bad as Thought?
- Early Physical Therapy May Not Fix Low Back Pain
- Black Tea Tied to Fewer Fractures in Older Women