Lunch & Learn - Spend Smart, Eat Smart - May 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting two Lunch & Learn sessions on Tuesday, May 25. The sessions, titled "Spend Smart, Eat Smart" will be instructed by Amy Vore RD, LMNT. She will cover how to eat healthy on a budget; how, when and where to find the best food buys; how to read nutrition facts labels; and how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables.
A session will be held from 11:15 am - Noon and a repeat session will be held from 12:15 pm to 1 pm. Both sessions will take place at the VCHS Education Building, 1617 M Street in Ord.
The Lunch & Learn sessions are held monthly and are one component of the VCHS Wellness Matters Initiative.
The sessions are open to the public. A brown bag lunch can be purchased from the VCHS Dietary Department for $3.00. For more information or to register, contact Sheri Schrage at 728-4213 no later than Friday, May 21st at 5 pm.
- Hughes Named VCHS Employee of the Year
- VCHS Home Health Exceeds State, National Patient Satisfaction Scores, Earns Five-Star Rating
- VCHS Arcadia Medical Clinic to Open Sept. 7
- Revamped VCHS Sterling Connection Program Offers Seniors Whole-Person Wellness Opportunities
- VCHS Loup City Medical Clinic Sees Continued Growth, Additional MD Joins Practice
- Hughes Recognized as VCHS Employee of the Quarter
- VCHS to Host Meet and Greet with Dr. McClanahan
- VCHS Hosts Hundreds of Attendees, Record Number of Vendors at Annual Health Fair
- Rehab Department Enhances Outpatient Hand Therapy Services
- VCHS Hospice to Offer Free Grief Support Classes
- How Safe Is Your Tattoo Ink?
- FDA Recommends All Blood Donations Be Tested for Zika
- Preseason Practice Heat Risky for Football Players
- Sex Partner With No Zika Symptoms Transmits Virus: CDC
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Stave Off Dementia