New Facility Update #24
During the weeks of April 12 and 19, substantial progress was made on the interior of the new hospital. Vinyl wall covering in the acute care patient rooms was hung. The copper floor and wall lining in the MRI suite was substantially completed. Installation of ceramic tile on the walls in the kitchen was finished. Flashing and gutters on the exterior of the building were installed.
Over the next few weeks, installation of the floor covering in the acute care department will begin. Glass will be installed at the west end of the acute care department, dining room and some areas of the front entry. Ceiling grid will continue to be hung throughout the hospital. The floor tile in the kitchen will be installed and vinyl wall covering installation will begin in the surgery and emergency room departments.
The opening date for the new hospital will be Monday, October 4, 2010. For more information contact the Public Relations office at 728-4347.
- Knapinski Joins VCHS as PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Sedlacek Named 2015 VCHS Employee of the Year
- Dr. McClanahan Chooses VCHS For Residency Rotation
- VCHS Completes State Survey
- Sugg's Resignation Accepted
- Davenport Named VCHS Associate of the Quarter
- Callahan Cancer Center to Begin Outreach Clinic at VCHS in August
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament - Friday, July 3rd
- Oldaker Completes Pelvic Rehab Course – VCHS Hosting “Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment” Lunch and Learn – Tuesday, June 23rd
- 17th Annual VCHS Golf Tournament
- As HIV Patients Live Longer, Certain Cancer Risks Rise: Study
- These Drugs May Be Risky for Some Surgery Patients
- Flu Vaccine May Also Protect Against Pneumonia
- Asthma Drug Use in Infants Linked to Stunted Growth
- Antibiotic-Resistant 'Superbug' an Emerging Threat