Sen. Johanns Tours New Hospital
(ORD) - Senator Mike Johanns toured the new Valley County Health System hospital on Thursday, October 14. He was greeted and briefed on the history of the project and the services provided by VCHS.
Johanns was then guided on a tour of the new facility. After the tour, Johanns held a brief press conference. During the conference, Johanns stated, "I cannot tell you how impressed I am by what I have seen. And, as a former mayor, county commissioner, governor, I am enormously mindful that this doesn't happen because one group decides it should happen. It happens because of a lot of community effort, collaboration and people working together. This facility is truly state-of-the-art. This community can be very, very proud of what happened here. Not just for Ord, but for this whole area of the state."
Pictured: Interim CEO Joyce Seward thanks Senator Johanns for his visit to VCHS.
- VCHS Medical Clinic – Loup City Celebrates 10 Years, Welcomes Additional Provider
- VCHS Introduces 3D Mammography in Ord
- Peterson, PT, Recognized as Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute Graduate
- VCHS Hosts Record-Setting Women’s Health Night, Raises Thousands for Local Nonprofits
- Hughes, R.T. (R), Recognized at Statewide NHA Caring Kind Luncheon
- VCHS Auxiliary Donations Top $260,000 Since 2005
- VCHS Hospice Department to Host Community Memorial Service
- Breitkreutz, PA-C, Named Nebraska’s Outstanding Rural Health Practitioner
- VCHS to Offer Older Adult Fitness Class in Ord Beginning Oct. 4
- Pulmonologist Radu Neamu, MD, to join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Male Birth Control Shot Promising, But Work Needed
- Cranberry Products May Not Prevent UTIs: Study
- Colon Cancer's Location May Determine Survival
- Nurses' 'Scrubs' Pick Up Bad Hospital Germs
- New High-Tech Tools to Help Control Diabetes