VCHS Health Fair - Thurs. June 23
Valley County Health System will be hosting the 3rd Annual Health Fair, "Your Health is the Reel Deal." The main attractions will be blood chemistries, blood pressure checks and a free will donation breakfast. The Health Fair will focus on health education and the promotion of wellness within our service area. In addition, health related vendors will have displays available to provide educational information to those who attend.
The Health Fair will be held on Thursday, June 23, 2011 from 6-9 am at Valley County Health System, 2707 L Street, in Ord.
The lab tests offered during the Health Fair are a Health Screen and PSA test.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: Kidney & Liver Function, Electrolytes
- Complete Blood Count
- Thyroid: TSH
- Cholesterol & Triglycerides
PSA: Prostate cancer screening recommended for males over the age of 50.
A greatly reduced fee of $35 for the Health Screen and $15 for the PSA will be charged to cover the cost of supplies for each person screened. Those who participate in the blood chemistry draw will be mailed their results and will be responsible for contacting their medical provider if they have values outside the normal range.
Fasting is necessary prior to the blood chemistry draw, including consumption of caffeine or decaf coffee. A free will donation breakfast will be served so you may eat after your blood is drawn.
Pre-registration is available picking up a pre-registration form at the hospital registration desk, or at any of the banks in Ord, Arcadia or North Loup. Pre-registration is not required, walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, contact the Public Relations office at 308-728-4347.
- Student Wellness Exams, Summer Sports Physicals Offered at VCHS Medical Clinics
- VCHS to Open Arcadia Medical Clinic
- VCHS Celebrates National Hospital Week
- VCHS "Stuffs the Bus" for Local Food Pantry
- Proskocil Appointed to Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Johanna Spencer, APRN-NP, FNP-BC, to Join VCHS Medical Staff
- VCHS Now Offers In-Home Sleep Studies
- Healthcare Decisions Day Highlights Importance of Advance Medical Directives
- Annual Celebration Recognizes VCHS Volunteers
- VCHS Celebrates Doctors' Day
- Migraine or Sinus Headache: What's the Difference?
- Common Abnormal Heart Rhythm Linked to Cancer Risk
- New Vision Issues Spotted in Zika-Infected Babies
- Pot While Pregnant May Raise Premature Birth Risk
- Medicare’s Drug-Pricing Experiment Stirs Opposition