VCHS Hires Three Physical Therapists
ORD - Valley County Health System is pleased to announce the hiring of three physical therapists who will work in the Rehabilitation Services department.
Bob Wieck will graduate in May from Franklin Pierce University in Ringe, NH, with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. He received his undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at Kansas State University. He has been a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) for the past twelve years and is currently working in that capacity at VCHS until he graduates in May. Bob is originally from St. Libory, NE.
Obadiah Johnson will begin working at VCHS in June. He attended Hastings College and graduated with a degree in Health Promotion Management. He will graduate from Creighton University in May with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Obadiah grew up in Hastings. He and his wife, Ashley, have an 18 month old son named Ticen.
Lindsey Michael will begin her position in July. She attended Chadron State College, majoring in Health Sciences/Pre-Physical Therapy. Lindsey will graduate from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in May with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy. She is originally from Albion, NE and is engaged to be married on September 4 to Melvin Oldaker, a police officer in Burwell.
"Each of these therapists comes with very high recommendations. We are so excited to have this caliber of therapists join our team," said Christy Peterson, Physical Therapist and VCHS Rehab Services Coordinator.
VCHS currently offers Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy in Ord, Burwell and Loup City. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call Rehabilitation Services at 308.728.4247.
Pictured from L to R: Bob Wieck, Obadiah Johnson, Lindsey Michael
- Peterson, PT, Recognized as Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute Graduate
- VCHS Hosts Record-Setting Women’s Health Night, Raises Thousands for Local Nonprofits
- Hughes, R.T. (R), Recognized at Statewide NHA Caring Kind Luncheon
- VCHS Auxiliary Donations Top $260,000 Since 2005
- VCHS Hospice Department to Host Community Memorial Service
- Breitkreutz, PA-C, Named Nebraska’s Outstanding Rural Health Practitioner
- VCHS to Offer Older Adult Fitness Class in Ord Beginning Oct. 4
- Pulmonologist Radu Neamu, MD, to join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Hughes Named VCHS Employee of the Year
- VCHS Home Health Exceeds State, National Patient Satisfaction Scores, Earns Five-Star Rating
- 1 in 3 Young Athletes With Concussion Returns to Play on Same Day
- Be Aware of What You Share Online About Your Kids
- Pediatricians: Kids Need 'Media Use Plan' From Parents
- Cartilage From Nose Used to Repair Bum Knees
- Mediterranean Diet, Caffeine May Be Good for Your Eyes