VCHS To Host 5th Annual Health Fair on July 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting the 5th Annual Health Fair, "Got Health?" The Health Fair will feature blood chemistries, blood pressure checks and a free will donation breakfast. The Health Fair will focus on health education and the promotion of wellness within our service area. In addition, health related vendors will have displays available to provide educational information to those who attend.
The Health Fair will be held on Thursday, July 25, 2013 from 6-9 am at Valley County Health System, 2707 L Street, in Ord.
The lab tests offered during the Health Fair are a Health Screen and PSA test.
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
• Complete Blood Count
• Thyroid: TSH
• Lipid Panel: Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL & LDL
PSA: Prostate cancer screening recommended for males over the age of 50.
A greatly reduced fee of $35 for the Health Screen and $15 for the PSA will be charged to cover the cost of supplies for each person screened. Those who participate in the blood chemistry draw will be mailed their results and will be responsible for contacting their medical provider if they have values outside the normal range.
Fasting is necessary prior to the blood chemistry draw, including consumption of caffeine or decaf coffee. A free will donation breakfast will be served so you may eat after your blood is drawn.
Pre-registration is available by going online to ValleyCountyHealthSystem.org or by picking up a pre-registration form at the hospital registration desk, or at any of the area banks.
Pre-registration is recommended for anyone wishing to have a blood chemistry drawn.
- Breitkreutz, PA-C, Named Nebraska’s Outstanding Rural Health Practitioner
- VCHS to Offer Older Adult Fitness Class in Ord Beginning Oct. 4
- Pulmonologist Radu Neamu, MD, to join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Hughes Named VCHS Employee of the Year
- VCHS Home Health Exceeds State, National Patient Satisfaction Scores, Earns Five-Star Rating
- VCHS Arcadia Medical Clinic to Open Sept. 7
- Revamped VCHS Sterling Connection Program Offers Seniors Whole-Person Wellness Opportunities
- VCHS Loup City Medical Clinic Sees Continued Growth, Additional MD Joins Practice
- Hughes Recognized as VCHS Employee of the Quarter
- VCHS to Host Meet and Greet with Dr. McClanahan
- Should FDA Have Power to Recall Beauty Products?
- 'Medical Tattoos' Help Hide Surgical Scars
- What Does Bipolar Mania Look and Feel Like?
- Drug-Resistant Germs Thrive in America's Corroding Water Systems
- Can Brain 'Pacemaker' Help Head Trauma Patients?