VCHS To Host 5th Annual Health Fair on July 25
Ord - Valley County Health System will be hosting the 5th Annual Health Fair, "Got Health?" The Health Fair will feature blood chemistries, blood pressure checks and a free will donation breakfast. The Health Fair will focus on health education and the promotion of wellness within our service area. In addition, health related vendors will have displays available to provide educational information to those who attend.
The Health Fair will be held on Thursday, July 25, 2013 from 6-9 am at Valley County Health System, 2707 L Street, in Ord.
The lab tests offered during the Health Fair are a Health Screen and PSA test.
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
• Complete Blood Count
• Thyroid: TSH
• Lipid Panel: Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL & LDL
PSA: Prostate cancer screening recommended for males over the age of 50.
A greatly reduced fee of $35 for the Health Screen and $15 for the PSA will be charged to cover the cost of supplies for each person screened. Those who participate in the blood chemistry draw will be mailed their results and will be responsible for contacting their medical provider if they have values outside the normal range.
Fasting is necessary prior to the blood chemistry draw, including consumption of caffeine or decaf coffee. A free will donation breakfast will be served so you may eat after your blood is drawn.
Pre-registration is available by going online to ValleyCountyHealthSystem.org or by picking up a pre-registration form at the hospital registration desk, or at any of the area banks.
Pre-registration is recommended for anyone wishing to have a blood chemistry drawn.
- Johanna Spencer, APRN-NP, FNP-BC, to Join VCHS Medical Staff
- VCHS Now Offers In-Home Sleep Studies
- Healthcare Decisions Day Highlights Importance of Advance Medical Directives
- Annual Celebration Recognizes VCHS Volunteers
- VCHS Celebrates Doctors' Day
- VCHS Trustees Earn NHA Education Certification
- VCHS Hospice Chaplain Earns Statewide Recognition
- Two VCHS Board Members Reappointed for Six-Year Terms
- VCHS Provides Hands-Only CPR Training to Area Boy Scouts
- McBride to Lead VCHS Foundation
- Coffee, Wine May Mean Healthy Gut; Sodas May Not
- Mild Air Pollution of Concern in Pregnancy
- Could a Cellular Tweak 'Switch Off' Gray Hair?
- Yellow Fever Outbreak: Is the U.S. at Risk?
- Critics Call on FDA to Ban Concentrated Caffeine