VCHS's First Annual Love Light Ceremony
ORD- Community members and Valley County Health System Associates enjoyed the lighting of the Christmas Tree, during the First Annual Love Light Ceremony at VCHS on Thursday, November 29. The 131 ornaments sponsored represent loved ones who have passed away or who are being honored.
The ceremony began with Christmas carols, a welcome from William T. Sugg, President and CEO, and a prayer by Father Ryan of Our Lady Perpetual Help Catholic Church. The ceremony was conducted in the hospital lobby where Christmas music filled the air. Mindy Smith and Jesse Rosberg, Ord High School Music Instructors, sang beautiful Christmas carols, and Bethanne Kunz, VCHS Director of Professional Services, played the violin.
To honor a loved one, whether living or deceased, family members donated $5. Proceeds are used to benefit the Valley County Health System Foundation a non-profit, charitable organization. The Foundation's mission is to seek, receive and administer donations and gifts for the sole benefit of Valley County Health System.
If you are still interested in sponsoring a $5 ornament today, please visit the hospital front desk, Human Resources, or any of the VCHS satellite clinics in Burwell, Loup City, or North Loup. You can also contact Janet Eppenbach at 308-728-4397.
- VCHS Medical Clinic – Loup City Celebrates 10 Years, Welcomes Additional Provider
- VCHS Introduces 3D Mammography in Ord
- Peterson, PT, Recognized as Nebraska Hospital Association Leadership Institute Graduate
- VCHS Hosts Record-Setting Women’s Health Night, Raises Thousands for Local Nonprofits
- Hughes, R.T. (R), Recognized at Statewide NHA Caring Kind Luncheon
- VCHS Auxiliary Donations Top $260,000 Since 2005
- VCHS Hospice Department to Host Community Memorial Service
- Breitkreutz, PA-C, Named Nebraska’s Outstanding Rural Health Practitioner
- VCHS to Offer Older Adult Fitness Class in Ord Beginning Oct. 4
- Pulmonologist Radu Neamu, MD, to join VCHS Specialty Clinic
- Make Shots Less Painful for Your Baby
- More Than Willpower: How I Live Well With ADHD
- Acne Gives Up Secret That Points to New Treatments
- Nearly 3% of U.S. Adults Have Weakened Immunity
- Keep Your Lows From Keeping You Down